Saturday, June 9, 2018

Dining Out: Dandenong Ranges




Sassafras Café
Location: 391 Mount Dandenong Tourist Rd, Sassafras
Time of day: Lunch - Sunday
Ordered: Club sandwich on gluten free bread
Other options: BLT on GF bread, vegetable frittata (relish omitted) 

I found the staff at Sassafras Cafe very accommodating. They checked whether it was okay for me to have the GF bread toasted on the same hotplate as their regular bread, and were happy to answer any questions I had (primarily, whether they chicken had a marinade, the answer is no). It's a tiny little place and very easy to miss, it's right next to the old petrol station on the Mountain Highway side of the strip.






Kallista Tea Rooms
 Location: 103 Monbulk Rd, Kallista
Time of day: Breakfast - Sunday (Mother's Day)
Ordered: GF toast with smoked salmon and spinach
Other options: Grilled tomato, egg and bacon sides. Breakfast baguette on GF roll.

I did my research beforehand as my it was Mothers Day, therefore, as the mother, it was my choice. Walked in and it was a special menu. I almost cried when I realised that I couldn't eat a single thing. However, the staff were absolutely lovely and were very accommodating, making me a toast with sides. It's worth noting that the smoked salmon here is hot smoked, depending on your opinion on that, that could be a good thing or a bad thing, for me it was a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment