Saturday, June 9, 2018

Dining Out: Bayside

The Goathouse
Location: 3-6 Elsternwick Place, Elsternwick
Time of day: Dinner – Weekday
Ordered: Gippsland Beef steak (chips omitted due to flour coating)
Other options: Lemon pepper calamari salad GF option (onions omitted)
 

Sorry for the dodgy photo on this one, this was on a dinner out with work friends and I did not want to be the weird person taking photos of their food, I had my phone out under the guide of "consulting my FODMAP app", haha. 
I requested no onion no garlic and was assured that they are not added to the steak and the vegetables I received were a very good mix. I left the broccolini on my plate, but otherwise I could eat the others. They brought out a "complimentary salad" to compensate for the chips being omitted, but it had an unknown dressing and I wasn't too fussed about it, so I didn't ask and let one of my friends eat it. I had some serious food envy here though, the foods I couldn't eat looked amazing, and I have to admit, if I went here right at the start of my FODMAP journey, when I was still not used to being the one missing out, I would have been upset. 




Healthy Point
Location: 287 Glen Huntly Road, Elsternwick
Time of day: Lunch – Weekday
Ordered: Create your own spud
Other options: Create your own salad

They have a wide range of LowFODMAP toppings for your potato. The serving portions are large, so don’t order too many, they will just cram them in there, it's fabulous value for money. 


Milanos
Location: 4 The Esplanade, Brighton
Time of day: Lunch - Weekday
Ordered: Grilled barramundi with chips and salad (no onion specified, later no dressing specified)
Other options: Gummy shark, flatheat, salmon, steak

When I first received the meal it came out covered in a honey mustard dressing. I wasn't expecting that and had to request a dressing-free plate, so I would advise asking about what dressing is used first, and either ask with it without, or on the side. My second plate was enjoyable. It's your typical bistro offering, but it was nice to have a choice of fish.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment