Sunday, September 2, 2018

Products: Sauces and Marinades

Some Foods: Butter Chicken

Purchased from: GloHealth in Elsternwick
Price: $11.95
Availability: Available from many specialty health food stores, one of the more easily found products in the range

The first thing I said after using this sauce was "This actually tastes like the thing it's supposed to taste like!" and I feel that says something. Many brands do a LowFODMAP butter chicken, this, I feel, is the closest. It's definitely not the cheapest, but it's worth the price. Some Foods haven't avoided spice in this, it is mild, but there is a little something there unlike other brands, if you find spices flare your IBS, this wouldn't be the choice for you, but if spices don't effect you, give this a try.
It would easily make 4 serves, I was using what was left in the back of the fridge the day before a grocery shop, so I only made enough for 3, with a lot of extra sauce, but I won't make that mistake next time. I added japla pumpkin, zucchini and green beans to mine, because as someone with C-IBS, the more fiber the better, and this sauce works with the extra vegetables very well, I find sometimes the sauces can be a little too sweet to work well with veggies, but this one takes very well.
It froze well too, I put the other two serves in the freezer for night when I get home from work late and pre-IBS would have grabbed some takeaway, and they defrosted well.


No comments:

Post a Comment